Saturday, November 15, 2008

Delicious! and Picasa!

I have now added links to my blog for my Delicious websites and my Picasa pictures! Take a look!

I have been using Delicious for about a month now and truly enjoy having all of my sites bookmarked on one site. Especially since I go between 3 computers in the course of a day. I have also directed my students and coworkers to my Delicious site. I have everything from math sites and teaching resources to the weather! This is by far one of the best resources I have been introduced to on the web.

As far as Picasa goes, I have added a few pictures of me and my classroom. As a teacher, I am constantly reiterating the importance of making sure your photos are appropriate on the web. In addition, I want to make sure that my students are safe and I don't necessarily like when there are names with photos. There are too many creepers out there who use photo sharing to find out more information about young children. As of right now I don't think I will be using Picasa for my classroom.

Are there any teachers who are using a photo share in their classroom right now? How are you using it? How do you handle internet safety issues?

No comments: